SubscribeYo Yo Loach Behavior
Cmreds
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 13
Votes: 0
male usa
Hi everyone,

Is it normal for an adult(rougly 2 years old)to suddenly change behavior and become very active? I call very active her constant pacing the length of the tank and looping vertically and horizontally. She did lose her mate 6 months ago and she recently survived a Ich outbreak and was quarantined for about 4 weeks.

Thanks,
Chris
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2009 17:23Profile PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
maybe she is just bored, she did have a mate to keep her company during the day so maybe she would like it if you bought and added another. I think its common for fish to change behavior after loosing a companion (Oscars sometimes refuse to eat if their mate dies or is removed from the tank).

Its also possible that there is a minute parameter change in your water that is causing her to act differently.

-Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2009 21:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I think you will find that Yoyos do prefer to be in a school 6-8+ the more the merrier they will follow each other all over the tank. Try feeding with frozen Blood worms and vary the diet a bit more.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2009 01:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Jeremy
----------
Fingerling
Kudos: 42
Votes: 4
male usa
It is not abnormal for a yoyo to become more active as it matures. They can become quite pushy as they mature. I would sugest to get more of them as said before they like to be in groups. When looking for the new yoyos I would sugest trying to get close to the same size as what you already have.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2009 16:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies