ok i need some help on info on making a kids pool out of a lil fish pond
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2006 17:54Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
xlinkinparkx
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 353
Votes: 2
male canada
Are you tryinbg to make a kids pool or pond???

10gallon: 8neons 5gallon: 1betta
1oto
2platys
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2006 04:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 83
Votes: 6
female usa
oh sorry i meant making a pond out of a kids pool
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2006 05:09Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Dolf
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 180
Votes: 46
male usa
What kind of kid's pool are we talking about here? Is it a rigid plastic or flexible vinyl with an outer support wall? And what size?
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2006 01:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
T/A

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1796
male usa
I actually have plans to do this sometime in the future.
So I'll tell you a little bit about what I'm planning.
First let me say that I'm planning on this being an indoor setup, most likely for my Platies that continue to overload my tanks. But I might add a few native sunfish and goldfish to this setup even though the sunfish will probably eat all of the Platies.
I want to use a 8 foot round pool that is at least 18" deep. Most likely I'll use a small pond filter placed in the center of the pool. I might even use a fountain attachment to help keep the oxygen level up. I want to keep the stocking level as low as I can, since doing water changes on a pond that size will not be quick and easy. Using live plants is usually a good idea to help control water quality. But the amount of lighting and extra maintenance that would be required would be to much for my liking, so I don't plan on using any live plants.

If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to answer them if I can, so just ask.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jul-2006 01:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 83
Votes: 6
female usa
well that the same thing i was planing on doing its a 8 feet 18 inchs deep vinyl pool i have the spot set up but i need help on like shade stuff for the pool my father says that the fish will roast in the sun like that i want to build a like green house building over it to keep the cats and other animals out of it well any ideas and suggestions you have will help because if this is a bad idea ill forget the whole thing
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2006 21:53Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Any enclosed structure, especially a greenhouse will increase the heat issue even more.
An idea may be to build a pergola. I found this link from a quick google search, I'd suggest checking your local library for home and garden improvement books that would also have instructions. Then use some easy climbing vines up the sides and over the top for natural shade. If you use something that drops leaves in winter you can still allow for the sun to warm the pond in winter. Just keep in mind you'll have to cover the pond with some netting to keep falling leaves out.
Of course that wont keep cats and dogs out, but if a cat wants in it'll find it's way in.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 21-Jul-2006 16:47Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies