AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Cyprinid Corner
  L# Proud Owner Of A Small Shoal Of Harlies!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeProud Owner Of A Small Shoal Of Harlies!
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
I finally got my first shoal (4 fish) of harlequin raspboras and I have to say that they are even more enchanting in my 10g than they were at the LFS. They will eventually have a male SF in there with them, once they get acclimated for a time.

I am wondering, for those of you who have kept these little beauties, do you feed them anything in particular to keep them looking and swimming their very best? My tank has a black background so they really pop nicely when the light is on.

I have regular flakes, shrimp pellets, bloodworms, krill and algae tabs to choose form when considering foods for their consumption.

Gimme some experience you all have had!

I will post some pics soon!
Post InfoPosted 27-Jan-2008 19:32Profile PM Edit Report 
pookiekiller12
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 633
Votes: 41
male usa
Mine eat from the water column, they do not go to the bottom to eat. So do not use quickly sinking foods, or foods intended for bottom feeders. Mine eat just about any flake, and love frozen brine shrimp or bloodworms for a treat.

good luck
Post InfoPosted 27-Jan-2008 22:56Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
the feeding is still going slowly. A few days ago I moved 3 of my WCMM's into the tank with the 4 harlies to sort of "show them the way..." They still seem indifferent to foods, but the WCMM's chow down.

Since Harlies do well in larger shoals, I picked up 3 more to bring the total to 7. I will leave the WCMM's in there with them for a few more days. Hopefully tonite we'll see some better feeding...

It's a mystery... I've had the 4 originals for a week now. Thye must be eating something or they'd be in pretty bad shape by now, yea?
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 15:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
fish can go with out food for a wekk healthfully (for some) because in the wild they dont get fed daily and always have food so it is good to skip feedings, however it is unusual that your fish refuse to feed... they could be eating microorganisms that you dont know... GOOD LUCK...

keep us posted!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 20:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
well, this afternoon, a few of the harlies hit some flakes, and even the new Betta Jack munched on, spit out, and munched on some flakeage... So, maybe we're coming round the bend here!
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 21:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
viciouschiapet
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 77
Votes: 15
female usa
OH nice! Glad they're eating well now!

The pottery that growls!
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 22:40Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies