Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBest filter for brackish setup
just_one_more
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 138
Votes: 31
female usa
I have a 20g brackish tank set up with a GSP and a candystripe goby. I currently have a biowheel on it. The biowheel stops working occasionally though. Any better suggestions?
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
pufferpunk
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 395
Votes: 0
female usa
It's a good thing your getting rid of the Biowheel. I never liked them. As you raise the SG for the puffer up towards SW conditions, the Biowheel will spray salt everywhere. Messy! I have always liked the Aquaclear filters. A 300 (or are they calling it another number now?) should do for that tank. I believe enough folks were adding BioMax to their ACs that AC started selling them with a bag of it. I like to stack it with the sponge that comes with it on the bottom (for mechanical filtration--rinsed every weekly water change), 1" filter floss in the middle(to "polish" the water, crystal clear), & a bag of BioMax on top (for mechanical filtration). I don't rinse the BioMax often. The floss gets rinsed every week, but tossed when too dirty. I buy big bags of it at a sewing supply store for $3-4.

See: http://puffer.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=brack&action=display&num=1077952335

Last edited by Pufferpunk at 04-Mar-2005 20:28

Last edited by Pufferpunk at 05-Mar-2005 13:53
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies