L# Fluval FX5 Canister Filter
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFluval FX5 Canister Filter
Gone Fishing
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
Hi All,
As I am planning to set up my new 6'x2'x2' planted discus community tank, I was wondering if two FX5's would be too much flow for a (hopefully) fully planted tank, Discus style.

It was either going to be (2)x Eheim 2080's, (2)x FX5's or 1 of each.
I know the (2)x Eheim's would most likely be fine, but I'm not sure about (2)x FX5's.

It's just that the FX5 is quoted as having a flow rate of 3,500ltr/hr and the Eheim is 1700ltr/hr.

And yes, Eheim 2080 is better then the FX5, but and the FX5 is soooo... much cheaper and the FX5 hasn't got a bad write up.

Many Kindly Fishy Regards
Jason
Post InfoPosted 30-May-2009 17:02Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
You raise several points here.
LPH all this is the return rate from the filter not how the filter removes all the gunk and returns it to the tank in a good quality condition.

SOOOOO much cheaper WHY??? there has to be a reason and the outstanding is it is made cheaper now in saying that think how it can be made cheaper and I am sure you will come up with the answer quality and it filters better

You know the Eheim is better so why even bother thinking about a cheaper filter.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 31-May-2009 03:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies