L# Hows my new filter?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHows my new filter?
CrimsonaX
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
female australia
I've tightened it as much as I possibly can but there seems to be a thin stream of water that comes out from some place. I've attached the[picture for reference. It's a drip system filter.

I want my newest tank problem free from day 1 =)

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 06-Sep-2009 10:09Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
EditedEdited 06-Sep-2009 21:06
erggg that doesn't look so good

Any chance there's a bit of a rubber washer or something that's missing? I'd say if it's still new see if you can get a replacement at the shop, don't most filters come with a 1 year warranty?

If not, maybe a rubber washer from bunnings? Or a bit of aquarium silicone around the join to seal it up? You'd need to take the filter off and make sure it's totally dry before using the silicone, then make sure the silicone is fully dry before starting it back up again.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 06-Sep-2009 21:05Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Only one answer to that take it back.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Sep-2009 05:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited 08-Sep-2009 02:51
Is it the powerhead or is your filter overfull and overflowing from the inside? Those PHs just sort of click in to the hood, so it is either dribbling back from the hood or from the PH itself.

The all-in-ones tend to clog up if the filter compartment is too full or flowing too slowly. Do you have anything in there in fine mesh or stockings?

Detatch and reattach the spraybar in case that is loose.

I'd also try increasing the water level by an inch or so, those PHs struggle at the depth you have it. The output suggests the flow is not optimal, and usually the water level will fix that.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 08-Sep-2009 02:48Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
CrimsonaX
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
female australia
Yup looks like the water level was the issue all along, in the process of juggling hoods and connecting things I missed the size 4 font on the diagram (in the manual) advising that the water level should be no less then 3 cms from the very top of the tank glass and obviously to the very top of the glass being the tanks maximum. And the water seemed to have been flowing from the PH so not enough was being sucked up fast enough, well, I'm sure you can probably explain it better.

Thanks Cal, sometimes in the stress of getting things to work you forget to double check the most basic parts.
Post InfoPosted 08-Sep-2009 15:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited 10-Sep-2009 02:49
Glad you have it working That type of filter has left me puzzled before, so you are certainly not alone on this one I've taken mine apart many times before getting ready to get replacement parts and then partway through I'll stumble on the answer. I do wish they came with better manuals!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2009 02:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies