AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# The Hospital
  L# Blister looking wound on Zerba Danio?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBlister looking wound on Zerba Danio?
Potto09
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0
male
EditedEdited 07-Aug-2011 17:05
Three days ago I rescued(bought) 5 Zebra Danios from my LFS. Well, I just noticed one of the little guys has a big blister looking wound on him. None of the other fish have it and it's not little white spots so I dont think it's Ich. I looks like a blister you get if you wore unconfortable shoes all day. I dont have a camera good enough to take a pic.

He seems sliggish from it, but from what I described do you know what it is and if it's a disease can it spread to his roommates? I dont have a quarentine tank or anything like that, and I dont want to flush him cause I have a big heart but if he's gonna spread a disease to my others I might have no choice? He looks bad

Thanks,
Paul
Post InfoPosted 07-Aug-2011 16:40Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
That doesn't sound good, this is why it's best to only purchase healthy fish from the stores. Not only do you run the risk of infecting your healthy fish, but you also encourage the store to keep up its bad practices by providing them with an income from fish that will likely die.

Blister like sore sounds like it could be bacterial. Without pics it's a little hard to tell.

Keep the water as pristine as possible. Do small frequent water changes making extra sure that the temperature matches what is in the tank. Be sure you are using the right amount of water conditioner as well. Adding a dose of melafix won't hurt and could very well help, it's a mild antibacterial. Be sure you remove the carbon from the filter if you do use it. Adding some Cycle may also be beneficial

^_^

Post InfoPosted 08-Aug-2011 00:16Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Potto09
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0
male
EditedEdited 08-Aug-2011 02:51
When I got home from work tonight, all that was left was the Corys leftovers =(
Post InfoPosted 08-Aug-2011 02:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies