stealth114
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 24
Votes: 1
male trinidad-tobago
EditedEdited by stealth114
Hello all..

All my fish have been going well.. I had 3 pink neon danios and then my dad gave me a 4th.. Appraently his spine was a bit crooked and swimming a bit weird and today I found him dead. Is this some contagious disease because another one just got the same bent spine syndrome! UGH!

I have researched online and some say its can be fish -TB or also a genetic defect.. My fish arent that old even, maybe 8 months of age... I have isolated the sick fish and put him in a small fish tank with extra aeration and some added salt. He seems ok with no open sores on the surface. I know the others may begin to pick on him. I will change the water daily too and see how he progresses.

Any advice be appreciated.

stealth

Hobbyists
Post InfoPosted 19-Jun-2008 18:32Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have researched online and some say its can be fish -TB or also a genetic defect

You are 110% correct in saying that it can also be in the breeding and how the mother and the fry were fed and how they were looked after.

Sorry there is not much you can do.

Are you saying they were purchased on the 4th of June this year if so I would contact the LFS and see what they have to say.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 20-Jun-2008 08:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
stealth114
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 24
Votes: 1
male trinidad-tobago
EditedEdited by stealth114
Thanks Keith... Well I have the little fella in quanratine and Im doing daily water changes and monitoring him constantly. He seems to be swimming a bit in a downward pitching manner too..

My dad simply bought him and didnt notice it.. my eyes have got so tuned to my fish that I can spot the smallest change in behaviour in any of them now.. Its great...

And you guys have helped so much..

NB_ If he keeps on like this and shows no superficial damage, I may want to re-introduce him to the tank...

I just eunthenised him.. Didnt want him to keep living that way

Hobbyists
Post InfoPosted 20-Jun-2008 18:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies