L# My platy had babies! :)
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMy platy had babies! :)
jakemmy
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 6
Votes: 0
So, I'm cleaning the tank, and unfortuantly, I gravel sucked up a fry. It's ok though, after a frantic save and freak out, he's fine. Here's the question - I only found one, so I'm assuming that either the others are hiding or have been eaten. He's currently in a plastic cup, I need to get a nursury tank, right? He's sooo small. 2 little eyes, and he's orangish, and soo tiny. Off to the LFS today, I guess. Any words of advice?
Post InfoPosted 29-Apr-2007 14:35Profile PM Edit Report 
Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
Kudos: 4280
Votes: 790
female usa us-maryland
A nursery tank is a good idea. Platy fry can eat finely crushed flake 3-4 times a day. Because of being fed more often make sure you do frequent water changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Post InfoPosted 30-Apr-2007 14:29Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
ImRandy85
---------------
Enthusiast
Bleeding Blue
Kudos: 137
Votes: 75
male usa
EditedEdited by ImRandy85
Sounds a lot like the first time I found a little platy fry in my tank. I stuck him in a cup and rushed off to the store and bought an entire 2.5 gal setup for him. I would definitely suggest picking up something for the little fry to live in until it grows up. Here's a picture of my little guy from about 3 weeks ago.(he's the bigger one in that picture)

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 10:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
BlackNeonFerret
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 137
Votes: 30
female uk
I only found one, so I'm assuming that either the others are hiding or have been eaten.

You may have more in there somewhere. In our larger tank we've got some platies and we found a fry. about three days later we found about 5 more hiding behind the filter.
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2007 15:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies