Mirrors and Alternate Language Versions
Home Site and US Mirror
The official home site of the FAQ is http://faq.thekrib.com maintained by Erik Olson as part of the The Krib. The United States mirror site is http://www.actwin.com/fish/mirror/, as part of Mark Rosenstein's FINS. The mirror is updated regularly, so feel free to use either site.
If you are reading this on a site other than the two above, then it is an unofficial and unsanctioned mirror. Hop over to one of the above sites for the "real" version!
- Finnish, at http://www.jmp.fi/~liaani/akvaario/aquafaq/ffaq.html translated by Reijo Nenonen
- French, at http://www.cyberaqua.org/faq, translated by Romuald Jouffrey (cyberaqua.faq at ml.free.fr), et. al.
- Spanish, hosted along with the main FAQ as http://faq.thekrib.com/es/, translated by Alex Patak (alex.patak at jrc.it). Note that the translation is partial, and Alex is looking for volunteers to help complete the work.
- Portuguese, hosted along with the main FAQ at http://faq.thekrib.com/pt/.
- Polish, at http://www.akwarium.org.pl/krib/, translated by Lukasz Kozicki (lkozicki at atelier.pl) as part of the official pl.rec.akwarium newsgroup site, operated by Robert Augustyn and others. Lukasz is looking for volunteers to help complete the work.
- Italian, at http://acquariofilia.hypermart.net. Partial translation.
- Korean, at http://www.insamo.pe.kr/faq
We would like to see the FAQs available in any language possible! Currently, though, there are few completed translations. However, there are allegedly groups working on Italian, and Portugese translations. If you are interested in providing translation help, we will add a link here and/or provide a home for the pages on the home site. Drop us a line!
In the interest of keeping the most up-to-date information available and in a consistent format, the maintainers ask that anyone wishing to copy the FAQs onto their web site, please instead use a link to the originating site or one of the official mirrors. If you want to become a mirror site in a country (or connectivity region) with no current mirror, please follow these guidelines:
- ask us first (so we can add you to the list above)
- refresh the mirror from the home site at least once a month
- do not modify the files in any way (such as adding backgrounds, ads, etc.).