L# Background. Question?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBackground. Question?
Meer
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 0
Hi guys. I just made my self a nice background for my 4 footer. But there is one question frequently irritating me. I'll explain... Look its made out of Plaster of Paris and cement. Some water proof paint is also used. I fear all these ingredients are going to interfere with the water chemistry. Is there something i can apply on it? Some gel or solution that does not let the water come in contact with the dirty stuff?
Post InfoPosted 29-Jun-2008 12:55Profile PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
I believe what a lot of people do for this sort of thing is use epoxy. Just coat the whole thing in epoxy for a waterproof seal. Even apply multiple layers if you want to be safe.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jun-2008 14:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
i have also heard of people using a non toxic spray silicon sealant, btu i dont really know where one would find that other than possibly at a hardware or boating store...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 29-Jun-2008 22:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies