AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# Aquascaping
  L# Give Me Some Ideas On My Tanks (55g update)
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGive Me Some Ideas On My Tanks (55g update)
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 83
Votes: 6
female usa
EditedEdited by DwarfGourami
here is my 55g tank that was give to me with plants and some guppies most of the guppies have died since Iv have the tank they werenot a very good strand of guppie he cross breed them he said between breeder guppies and fancy but i think he added some endlers in there to all guppies were gave to except 3 of them 2 i bought and 1 i have raised, well heres the list of the fish i have in there

5 corys (1 peppered,2 bronze,2 albino)
3 platys(1 mickey mouse,2 painted)
20 guppies (2 i bought and one i raised the rest were given to me)
3 mollies (I raised)
2 female bettas
5 ghost shrimp (just took one out tank she was carrying eggs and another one i had died so i had 7)

[http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/coyoteoverdose/IMG_1527.jpg]

here is my 20 gallon i wanted to make a divided male betta tank got any ideas

[http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/coyoteoverdose/IMG_1525.jpg]

Post InfoPosted 09-Sep-2008 16:50Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
wow still no anwsers
Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2008 03:15Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
It has only been a few hrs since you posted replies can take time.
My first impression of the 55g where do I look?
Sorry to me you seem to have a mix of too many things unless I am wrong am I seeing live and plastic plants and one with a flower. Ornaments different shapes and colours.
That orange floral back drop it completely distraction. Either put a backing or paint it black using a flat water based paint. Even outside the tank looks untidy.
I do like the substrate but is it deep enough for live plants 3-4ins deep is recommended.
Sorry for the harsh comments but I can only reply on what I am seeing.

Now the 20g
I have never made a divider but others have and I will leave that up to them.
Again the backing I would like to see into the tank not look at all that wiring etc. Please consider a backing or paint the back.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2008 08:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
Since this is the planted forum.....I say the tanks obviously need a lot more plants

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2008 16:53Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
I havnt had the tank for very long its a expensive addictive hobby most of the plants were gave to me by the person who gave me the tank and stump and driftwood also I never done live plants before the only new plants on the tank is a lily im growing from a bulb, the fake plant to seen is in there for the corys it was on the 20g before i got the 55g and the corys loved it so i put it in there for them, the flower at the top it fake too the bettas like it at night and sleep under it, I know theres alot of yucky wires going on on my tanks, and the stuff on the top to i put up there because my 18 month old gets into it under the tank bottom doors, she can open them do i have to watch what i put down there and in her reach but i will get to moving some stuff around and find somewhere sles to put it and the backgrounds i got a temp background on the 20g and working on the 55g backing, if anyone has any spare plants they dont wont let me know, it hard to get plants here we have no good stores here that sell them walmart here doesnt anymore just bulbs but they are just lilys mostly, i went to petsmart last month and done a pricing on there plants and they are pretty high for just one live plant, and petsmart is like 2-3 hours from me, I have some fake plants that are going back into the 20g today
Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2008 19:21Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
new pic of 55g what plants do i get Iv been looking at plants at [www.thatpetplace.com]

[http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/coyoteoverdose/IMG_1590.jpg]
Post InfoPosted 13-Sep-2008 01:27Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
That is a great improvement. As far as plants do you realize that you will require a good lighting system with good quality plant & daylight tubes, the substrate should be at least 3=4 ins deep for any rooted plants, Anubias can be tied to Driftwood. It is also recommended that you get a 24Hr timer this saves a lot of problem as you can control the length of time for the tank.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 13-Sep-2008 08:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies