Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHelp with making my tank look alittle better
antman08015
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
Votes: 1
male usa
my tank was very bare untill I put the piece of driftwood in the tank but I'm still not happy with the way it's looking if somebody could give me some suggestions or idea's what to move around... where to put this and where to put that.. I would be greatful anyways here is a few pics of the tank http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x166/antman08015/101_0288.jpgand http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x166/antman08015/101_0290.jpg
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2007 17:21Profile PM Edit Report 
DeletedPosted 10-Jul-2007 02:11
This post has been deleted
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
have adjusted the photo a lot so that it can be seen. I suggest you look at these threads as well.

Aquascaping Links
Also Photo Booth

My main comment is that that DW is far too big for that tank. Place that tall plant in the back LH corner. If you must go artifical plants buy a lot more of different size (but all the same colour) not a mix of different colours.
Sorry to be so harsh Antman but I think a little reseach will help you a lot.

Attached Image:

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2007 02:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
antman08015
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
Votes: 1
male usa
harsh is what I want I want to know what I'm doing wrong and I would like to go with real plants but my tank has very low lighting 18watt bulb in a 30 gallon so thats less then a watt per gallon
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2007 02:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Artificial can sometimes look okay. The tank we have in the office looks pretty good with artificials. Cloth plants usually look a little better than the plastics.

I agree with Keiths comments about more plants, pick 2 or 3 of your favorite (or the cheapest ) and get at least 3 or 4 of those, fill them in, but keep the colors the same otherwise it'll just look busy.

The driftwood (or is it rock) is okay to me, it is a little large but surrounded by plants it'll be fine.

One trick you can do with low light tanks is mix lowlight plants and artificials till you have enough live ones or can upgrade the lighting (and have CO2). Try looking for some Java fern or java moss to tie onto rocks and driftwood.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2007 08:54Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies