Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePeat gravel at walmart!
blazeybird
-----
Banned
Kudos: 24
Votes: 2
male usa
If anyone whants peat gravel, get it at walmart!! It was SOO DUMB though, In the Gardening dept. they have a huge bags for like $1.97 or something... and then in the pet dept. its about 1/2 the size of that bag for $9.59 or something, I was like thats a rip-off for those ppl that dont know, so just whanted to tell yall!

Post InfoPosted 17-Jun-2006 20:29Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Yes you can buy 50lb bags of pea gravel (peat is something else ) for much cheaper if you get it from the gardening section.

Often the ones sold in pet stores is different from landscaping pea gravel though. It's usually coated which I've found makes it harder for algae to grow. That being said I do have the cheap stuff from home depot in my tanks .

^_^

Post InfoPosted 18-Jun-2006 08:25Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
blazeybird
-----
Banned
Kudos: 24
Votes: 2
male usa
well I can deal with algea.. thats just manual work, but 10 bucks a bag, I cant do that LOL whew,

Post InfoPosted 18-Jun-2006 14:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DonnieBoy
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 67
Votes: 0
male usa
Yeah, I too went the pea gravel route... i recently moved my 55gal. and wanted to get rid of the red, white and blue stones my wife just had to have when we originally set up the tank. I wanted a more natural look but the bags at the pet store were about $12 for half the size of the pea gravel at $2.50 a bag.

The only drawback i saw was it took ALOT and i do mean ALOT more rinsing to get the pea gravel clean.. but i do like it. The stones are a little bigger than normal aquarium rocks so i will have to see if that will affect my live plants.

Don
Post InfoPosted 15-Jul-2006 05:46Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies