Subscribenew 75 gal plant tank
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
Thanks very much for your kindness Babelfish. To top it I'm sick too, just a head cold but it's throwing me way off 'go mode'.

One of my L dorsigera disappeared. I've done everything short of pulling the caves out to look inside. I'd hope she's hiding a batch of eggs but fearing the worse.

The nitrates are holding out at 10. No waterchange yet.
The foreground plants and vals are putting out runners, a good thing. Found out my zebra otos are wild caught, then were pre-treated for parasites etc in quarantine. So yup, have to keep nitrates at a minimum.

I'm tempted to take a few days off just to rest, then get some things done.

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 19-Oct-2010 04:45Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 36
Votes: 1
female canada
Love your tank!!
Ive just gone planted in my 80gal..and loving it!
Im new to it, so Im still working out the schedule for it all.

"I'm going back to test strips for a bit to save time and fuss. You can also cut those down the middle to get twice the tests."
this is a great idea!!

keep up the good work and post new pixs soon for us
Sue
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2011 18:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
male canada ca-ontario
TYVM and sorry for late response itsjustme 1966.

Ok now I want to see pics of your planted 80g

I've been planted for at least 8 yrs I think, still to work out a schedule for it all. The intention was there at some point lol. I definately need to jump back into things.

I ended up going back to the liquid tests

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 12-Apr-2011 12:19Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
male canada ca-ontario
Update - the angelfish are enjoying the tank and regularly laying eggs. Don't really have time atm to go toward breeding although I'd love to ! The main thing - my fish are happy and healthy that is all I can ask.

4 dorsigeras still in the tanks doing great

I added some zebra otos a school of 10 got a really good deal, heavy die-off from that shipment, 2-3 left. I added 4 common otos to keep them company. Hope to get more zebras they're a gorgeous fish !

The tank has matured nicely, algae issues sometimes though. The main driftwood has green algae I think looks good and I leave it for the otos. Some brush or bba on the smaller driftwood, I pulled them out and they're getting a hydrogen peroside algae treatment in a bucket.

The Val spiralis plants have filled in the backwall, and then some. Jumped there borders and almost decimated the e latifolius. Pulled out the excess vals and planted them in the 40g. I have enough to trade a few handfuls to the
local aquarists hopefully for new plants.

The b japonica started with 3, now there's 4 - no co2 in this tank yet and I haven't been doing ferts.

The red rubin sword the large leaves were hit by algae a couple times but it's hanging in. The nice thing about this plant you cut the outside leaves off then the middle reddish leave get a growth spurt. I can't kill this plant lol. The angels didn't like me cutting the large leaves so layed their eggs on the tank wall last night. Usually it's on the sword !

The e tenellus/angustifolius hasn't done much. I prefer the latifolius ALOT more. The tenellus will be pulled not sure what I'll do with it yet maybe trade it, and reserve a bit for the next setup I want to try, emmersed.

I got rid of the mosstainer in the 25g so a big chunk of flame moss is now in this tank.

New plants - red cabomba, egeria najas, brazilian microswords, stargrass. Not planted yet they have a foam in a ring base weighing them down much better then a pot so they'll hold out awhile longer as I catch up on other chores.

My first canister filter, (eheim 2217) is working out very well. Just bought a 2215 for the 40g it'll be here next week. I'm so done with hob filters in the larger tanks, it's not even funny. Kicking myself for not going this route sooner.

Speaking of filtration. The 2217 is more then enough filtration, but I had to keep running a large hob on the right side for extra water movement for the plants. It's noisy want to get rid of it. I don't think splitting the eheims output to run another spraybar would do it, that would really reduce current on the left side. Maybe a powerhead ? Or 2nd canister. The only problem with a 2nd canister is the cabinet may not have room for a co2 tank.

Wish I had pics for you but I've hated my camera for awhile. I will be shopping for at least a 10mp 8 opt zoom, and maybe hd vid with stereo sound for my guitar stuff. Have to research as well as save for it.

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 25-Jun-2011 15:26Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 07-Jul-2011 10:30
This post has been deleted
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
male canada ca-ontario
Finally got a new camera will try some tank shots soon although the tanks are nothing to boast about atm.

Had a recent angelfish hatch but lost the fry on day 4 of free swimming stage. Next time I'll be trying to feed live bbs for the first time and I'll try to obtain a microworm culture. They didn't touch frozen bbs, hikari first bites or liquifry but a smaller tank would help too so I'll do some tweaks and see what happens.

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 30-Aug-2011 21:36Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies