AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Bottom Feeder Frenzy
  L# Best bottom feeder with Platies.
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBest bottom feeder with Platies.
YoKanski

Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
male usa us-michigan
I am new to fish aquarium owning. I have started a 10gal tank with 3 platies, I have a Java Fern and another that I can't remember the name of(fish are destroying it anyway). I am probably going to get a couple more ferns and get ride of the other plant. I waited a week with no fish before adding them and now they have been in for a week. Did a water change today.

My question is, what are some good options for bottom feeders, and how long should I wait to add more fish?

I attached a photo of the fish I have.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2016 22:15Profile PM Edit Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
In a 10g, you're going to be limited with what you can get. However, cories are a very good fish for a 10g. I would recommend no more than 5 for a 10g. And try to get all of the same type so they school together better. Also, you could keep one bristle nose pleco for algae maintenance.

As for how long to wait to add fish, if you are still starting up the tank, I would wait another week or two before adding more fish just to make sure your cycle is working properly.

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2016 15:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies