Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeI know this is CRAZY...
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
Got a better camera, but the nutty fish won't cooperate.

Okay, FP doesn't have a profile on the 4 line pims. I've done a little digging with google. On at least 3 sites, I've noticed them as omnivores; and at least one other says straight carnivore. Shinigami, what do you know about their eating habits? I've seen both of the plecs eating zucchini. BUT my hubby thinks the pims are finishing the zucchini when the lights are out and no-ones there to witness. I've never seen the pims eat any veggies I put in the tank, or the any of plants in the tank. I have as I said earlier watched them eat the algae wafers, but those have as much protein as it does vegetable matter. Any one with knowledge, don't be shy. Give me info please!

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 16-Feb-2010 04:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Hmmm, it's possible, but the only way to know for sure is see it. Pims probably won't eat live plants, but they might eat zuchinni or anything else that might be less leafy. If I had to guess though, the plecs are probably getting a good chunk of the zuchinni if you've seen them eat and haven't seen the pims eat any.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 16-Feb-2010 04:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
My husband was right! I just saw both of the smaller pims tag the zucchini.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 17-Feb-2010 23:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies