Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeOtocincluscatfish Looks Fat
AnnieM
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
Hi folks,

I got 5 otto cats three weeks ago. They had been at the LFS for three months, and seemed to transition fine.

I see one is quite big in the belly; how do I tell the difference between egg-carrying and bloat? If she's got eggs, can I encourage breeding in some way?

Thanks,
AnnieM
Post InfoPosted 18-Mar-2009 17:45Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Otto Breeding plus more

This link should give you all the answers you require. Last year one of the Aquarium Mags published an excellent article on Ottos.
If they are doing well after three months you must be doing some thing right. Just a reminder they some times can hide for months.
I see my Otto now about once a week and then only for a short time and he.she is big and fat.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2009 02:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
I once got ottos to spawn but it was a fair bit of work.
I daily added algae covered rocks and poured lots of green water into the tank. It made a big mess of the tank but I did get fry. Unfortunately there were also a couple of little tetras in the tank and I think they ate the fry which are tiny like corydoras fry.
Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2009 04:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies