Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRubber LIpped Pleco?
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
does anyone have any info on a "rubber lipped pleco"? or possibly the link to a profile, ive looked on this site but nothing for a fish by that name.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2009 03:11Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
cichlidaddicted
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 9
Votes: 0
http://fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/331.htm
^theres your profile

ive kept one of these guys before, theyre pretty straightforward in care, only you must have a lot of algae in your tank, as IME theyre very shy, and it can be hard trying to feed them.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2009 04:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
These fish are pretty hardy, but they generally come from cooler, fast-moving waters. They also get a little larger than would be okay in, say, a 10 gallon.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2009 04:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
ok thanks guys. just curious but if it out grew my moms 15G woud it be acceptable to put it in my oscar tank, or would the O kill it+water would be to warm?the temp is lik 76F
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2009 05:55Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
EditedEdited by Shinigami
76F should probably be fine, though I'll admit I haven't kept these. An adult Oscar could eat a pleco like this, though, or at least attempt to.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2009 19:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
well to tell the truth, the rubber lipped may have to go to my girlfriend 30G, because i have no algae in my Oscar tank.i have had pretty good luck with large cichlid tank,i never get a spot of algae in them. my ten gallon breeder/feeder guppy tank has an abundance of it, i have an otto to combat it, and probably a few more soon.
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2009 01:27Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
divertran
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 469
Votes: 165
male usa
I've had my Petey for a number of years now, he's roughly just over 4" in length. Easy little bugger to feed I just toss an algae wafer now and then. If he gets too used to it he will munch that and not munch what's growing on the walls. He's got 4 yo-yos for company down the bottom of the tank and they get along very well. I think they get a bit too big for a ten, Mine's in a 29.
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2010 09:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies