Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBLUE Ram or BOLIVIAN Ram ??
Bar-B
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 27
Votes: 18
female canada
I really like them both but which one is a easier keeper? More hardy concering water parimiters and better compatible in a community environment? Barb

120 GAL. Community Freshwater (2 huge mated angles, 2 German rams, Red tail shark, 2 Pearl Grammies, 3 Bushynose Plecos, Swordtails

110 Gal. (3 Koi Angles, 3 black marble viel tail Angles) 20 Neon tetras, 1 red tail shark, 3 clown loaches, Platys
Post InfoPosted 03-Apr-2006 17:00Profile PM Edit Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Bolivians tend to be hardier toward water quality and parameters but I don't know personality wise. I think they are both compatible for a community tank of nonfin nipping species. The only problem is some breeding rams can get protective and may kill peaceful fish that are small enough or to slow to get away from their spawning site.
Post InfoPosted 04-Apr-2006 00:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
Normally, either species will do just fine in a community fish tank. They can become harsh towards other rams though, and males in particular may pick out weak specimens to batter and stress. Sometimes death results.

I find that Bolivian rams are tougher fish overall, and are more suited to the typical aquarium than the blue rams.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 04-Apr-2006 14:05Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
BubbleLover
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 32
Votes: 45
female australia
I have 2 gold rams and 2 blue rams in a community tank with a black ghost knife fish.
I haven't come across any problems keeping them or any of the other fish nipping them.
Mayby I'm just lucky that 'black ghosty' hasn't a mean streak
I hope which ever one you choose that it does well
Cheers
BubbleLover

My Fish like swimming all day long,
They love my bubbles 'pop' on their bum!

http://photos.yahoo.com/shedevil_90
Post InfoPosted 04-Apr-2006 17:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies