SubscribeBolivian Ram eggs again...
mnventurer
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 31
Votes: 34
male usa
EditedEdited by mnventurer
All the babies got eaten the 1st time. Now after only two weeks they made another batch of eggs!

They must want me to buy another tank. I'm going to try some local stores and see if they'll take my Danios or the local fish club.

I gotta get rid of these Danios it'd be so great to have all these baby Rams grow up.

I got a little breeder box last time but the small guys escaped from it only to be eaten.

Edit: The otocinclus are sucking up the eggs too. I'm thinking my only choice is to start up a 10g just for the Rams. The eggs also seem bigger than last time

Saint Paul, Minnesota USA 20g Freshwater Started June 10th 2008
-> Tank Info In Profile <-
Post InfoPosted 05-Oct-2008 17:56Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Sounds like you are learning very quickly. When I first started way way back that was the only way to learn. Best of luck this time with the Rams

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-Oct-2008 01:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mnventurer
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
EditedEdited by mnventurer
Ugh... I went to petco and got a 10g kit. Tank had hairline cracks in it. Went back, they checked the tank out 1st, took a 2nd kit home. Put down gravel had it 3/4 full so I put the plants in. Put the hood on and turned on the light. More cracks. Went back to petco and every 10g take had small cracks in it. EVERY ONE!

Luckily some friends of friends are giving me their old aquariums they don't use. I got this really cool ancient 10g tank. It's encased in shiney metal on all the glass edges. Soon to see what the other person is giving me I'll find out this week. Supposedly a tank, heater, filter and everything else they had.

The Danios are going to startup a new tank for me. Until then all the new plants are squeezed into my 20g. It looks like a frickin' forest in there. Hopefully that'll provie cover until the new equipment arrives.

Post InfoPosted 06-Oct-2008 17:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
At a guess I would say every one of those tanks would have been made from poor quality second hand glass from China.

A tip when buying a tank look at it from the side and it should be a perfectly clear flat surface poor quality glass you can easily see the imperfections as the indirect light shows it up a lot easily. It does take a little experience to do this, just practice next time you go to any LFS.

It looks like you finished better of any way well done with the not so new tank and all the bits and pieces.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Oct-2008 01:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mnventurer
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
Thanks for the encouragement!

Post InfoPosted 07-Oct-2008 02:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies