Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCichlid Burping???
fish_net
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 46
Votes: 3
female usa
i noticed today that my zebra would eat some then bubbles would come out of his mouth then hed eat some more and do it again. is this a common thing with cichlids? could the food im feeding be causing it? or what? any help is appreciated!
Post InfoPosted 08-Aug-2006 23:22Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
The fish might be taking in air from wherever it happens to be eating. If it mostly gets food from the water's surface or frequently feeds near something with a bubble output, that might just be the case. What do you feed it and in what part of the water does it normally dine?

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 12-Aug-2006 00:27Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
fish_net
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 46
Votes: 3
female usa
i feed a mix of hikari cichlid gold, and algae pellet and flakes. He varies where he eats at first he darts to the surface grabs some and sometimes he waits for the flakes to start sinking and grabs bits of those in the middle of the tank. so im guessing its just taking in air from teh surface
Post InfoPosted 13-Aug-2006 04:13Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies