Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCurviceps and Kribensis?
coop
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 60
Votes: 2
male australia
would they go alright together in a 55G planted tank?
i have a pair of kribs already and they've taken up territory in the far right end of the tank so if i add 1 male and 2 female curviceps? would that work?
Post InfoPosted 30-May-2009 12:39Profile PM Edit Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk

Hmm. Possible, but the Kribs will be rather more aggressive than the curviceps, so the best way to integrate the newcomers, should you choose to do this, would be as follows:

[1] Rearrange the decor in the tank, so that everyone is starting off from scratch trying to find a territory, instead of having your Kribs defending their patch and possibly beating up the curviceps on arrival.

[2] When rearranging the decor, make sure that lines of sight are broken up, so that the fishes aren't constantly staring at each other. Cichlids coexist more peacefully if they're not constantly glowering at territorial rivals, and while this measure is one I usually recommend for integrating the hardcore aquarium terrorists, it works for the less aggressive ones too.

[3] Make sure that the fishes have a surplus of caves to choose from. That way, they can pick territories without getting into fights. Kribs in particular will welcome this measure, and although curviceps are more likely to be open water spawners on flat rocks than cave spawners, they'll appreciate the security offered by caves.

If they're going to be the only fishes in the 55, the measures I've outlined above, while not guaranteeing peaveful coexistence, should make it a lot more likely.

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2009 01:15Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies