SubscribeKribensis And Shrimp
ImRandy85
---------------
Enthusiast
Bleeding Blue
Kudos: 137
Votes: 75
male usa
I have a 38 gallon planted aquarium which houses a kribensis along with gold barbs, siamese algae eaters, cories and bloodfin tetras. There are also 6 amano shrimp which have lived for several months along with the kribensis. I would like to get some cherry shrimp but I'm still not sure if the krib would eat them. Would the red color be enought to entice the krib's attention or is it safe to say that since it leaves the amanos alone that it will leave the cherries alone. I know no one is going to be able to tell me yes it will work or no it won't but I'm just looking for anyone's thoughts or first hand experience on the matter before I go out and buy really expensive fish food.
Post InfoPosted 20-Jun-2008 12:41Profile PM Edit Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
My first batch of Cherry Shrimp went into my tank and came out as fish waste. The kribs really enjoyed the shrimp to my despise. I think a few of them made it alright hiding in the plants but most became food.

Being that you have them with amanos (much larger than Cherries) you might be ok but I wouldn't risk it.

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 28-Jun-2008 14:15Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
Personally I would consider looking into larger shrimp species that make have a better chance of defending themselves against the fish. I have kept ghost shrimp and cherries with gold barbs, but i would imagine that the kribs would go to town on the beautifully colored cherries. so be careful! if you want to try a few them go for it, but dont throw a large batch in until you know for sure they will be ok!
GOOD LUCK,
Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 28-Jun-2008 19:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies