AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Cichlid Central
  L# Kribs and dwarf neon rainbowfish?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeKribs and dwarf neon rainbowfish?
Finney
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
EditedEdited by Finney
Hi,

I'll be starting a 23 gallon tank this summer (hopefully), and I would really like to have a pair of kribs. I have read that they are pretty easy to own and breed, plus, they're really pretty and interesting fish. I'm trying to determine what other fish would be compatible with them…

Do you think that 5 or 6 dwarf neon rainbowfish would work? I think they get to be about 2", and I think they would be big enough and fast enough that the kribs wouldn't harm them, would be in a higher level of the tank than the kribs, but would hopefully keep the kribs from continuously chasing just the other krib. Any thoughts or experiences with these two species together? Thanks.
Post InfoPosted 28-Jan-2006 22:38Profile PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
i am not 100% sure what tyes of rainbow fishes i have, but i know i have like 5 different types in with my pair of kribs. i would guess during breeding the kribs may be alittle aggressive, but as long as u have flower pots for the kribs and the rainbows have some plants and floating plants and open swimming areas, they should be fine.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2006 02:15Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies