L# Cichlid Central
  L# Kribs question
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeKribs question
zeketaz
Hobbyist
Kudos: 78
Votes: 1
I have a male and female Krib. The male used to hide in the cave all the time and the female would swim around and was very friendly. In the last few days the female has taken over the cave and kicked the male out. If he gets to close she chases him away. She don't chase or harass any other fish nor does he. Is there a possibility that she laid eggs or is she just being a brat?
Post InfoPosted 17-Nov-2010 14:43Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
She could have laid a batch, but usually the father helps just as much with the guarding. My pair has another batch of eggs (noticed it only after I stuck the gravel vac right infront of their log ). The mother usually hangs closer to the eggs with the father roaming further away, usually keeping everyone else in the other half of the tank.

If this is their first batch together they might still be getting used to being new parents.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 18-Nov-2010 01:46Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies