Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeOscar Missing Color?
oz196
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 119
Votes: 15
male usa
I have 2 oscars about 5-6 inches in a 75 gallon tank, an albino and a tiger.

The tiger oscar is missing its coloration on the top, the bottom has some orange but there appears to be a line where the orange color stops.

When I bought him, about 3 weeks ago, I noticed the line but thought he had lost the color just due to stress. He is very active in my tank and plays with the other oscar, They are both eating well and are doing fine, I was just woundering if the color will ever come in?

p.s. water conditions are ok, I have a large filter on the tank, and I am keeping up with the maintance.

thanks
Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2007 18:36Profile Yahoo PM Edit Report 
chris1017
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 421
Votes: 70
male usa us-maryland
could just be the way he is colored, but try using some color enhancing food and feed him some krill once in a while. This should help to at least brighten what ever color he has.

chris
Post InfoPosted 15-Oct-2007 11:24Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
I think it's normal since I've seen oscars like that before. Also if you look up pics of tiger oscars many of them have the color or pattern stop about 3/4ths up their body and the top is solid either a dark olive green to brown or a light yellow white depending on the color variety of the fish. You can try adding more variety to his diet and more frequent water changes to darken his color but he'll probably keep the same markings with the different color top.

For future reference saying water conditions are ok tells us absolutely nothing. What one person says is ok may not be anywhere near what someone else thinks is. Some people think it's normal to always have low amounts of ammonia or nitrite in the tank or to test 60ppm nitrates. Even fish stores will often say the water is ok when it has ammonia present.
Post InfoPosted 15-Oct-2007 22:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies