L# Rams
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRams
onna-shinigami
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
female usa us-tennessee
Trying to figure out if these guys would work in this tank or not, as I've been given a no from one person but reading has said other wise. I was thinking of getting a pair of German Blue rams or a pair of Bolivian rams but after a bit more reading found that I'd probably be better off getting the Bolivians than GBRs. The tank they would be going into is a 20 hexagon naturally planted tank. As of yesterday perimeters were good just on the low side for the trio of mollies I have in for cycling the tank and later moved into a 46 gallon.

Ph 6.4
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrates 5
Nitrites 0
Kh 2
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2010 03:53Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have Bolivian Rams and they are not scared of anything regardless of their size. They have killed at least 3-4 of my Opaline Gourami.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2010 04:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
I think your pH is a little low to be putting in any more fish. Aim about 6.8 - 7ish. Your mollies wont survive in water with a pH where it is now. I am sure bolivian rams will be fine in water a little higher in pH.

How long have you had the tank set up for? Dont add anymore fish to this tank until your ammonia level is at 0.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2010 05:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
devon7
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 356
Votes: 4
female usa
You have to make sure your amonia is 0 and your nitrite is 0, and you need to keep your nitrate really low for rams. they are very sensitive to nitrate, they are always the first fish in my tank to set off alarm bells if I have a nitrate issue, which I have to be wary of because I tend to overstock my tanks no matter how I try to restrain myself
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2010 20:47Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
onna-shinigami
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
female usa us-tennessee
After the tank has finished cycling there would only be either the breeding pair of Bolivian rams or a pair of Paradise gouramis. If needed I can adjust the ph and might just see if I can bump it up to atleast 6.8 if possible.

Onna
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2010 23:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies