Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRams and Keyholes
xlinkinparkx
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 353
Votes: 2
male canada
Hi, I have just got my new 48 gallon(cycling).
I was wondering if a pair of keyholes and a pair of ram could go in there nicely?

They will be with:
10-15 Harlequin Rasbora
1 SAE
6 Corys

Or mabey a bigger cichlid, but peaceful.

Also will either the rams or keys attack my other fish when they breed?

Thankyou

10gallon: 8neons 5gallon: 1betta
1oto
2platys
Post InfoPosted 15-May-2006 23:24Profile PM Edit Report 
DeletedPosted 16-May-2006 04:43
This post has been deleted
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
That sounds like a good group of fish for that size tank. I think they will be fine, with one exception. The SAE usually become aggressive towards other fish when they get larger. I would suggest some other algae eater, such as a bushynose pleco. The BNs will keep your algae under control, and may also breed for you if the setup is in their favor. Then you could have three pairs to breed in there.

As for them attacking the other fish, there should not be any problem. As that tank is large enough for the other fish to have plently of room to get away without any damage. They will learn very quickly the boundries during spawnings.

Another thing, be sure to have spawning areas set up on each end of the tank for the cichlids. As these are both egg layers and they will compete and may fight over territories to breed in. So just have a cave set up on each end, so that they each can have spawning territories outside of the others areas.

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 16-May-2006 14:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
xlinkinparkx
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 353
Votes: 2
male canada
Sounds Good.

I though about getting 3platies/mollys(1m,2f) To take care of the alge and if any babys survive I have places for them, would be fun to experement to see the babys that come out.

No SAE i gusse Might be a little hard to set up a cave on each side because i have my plants rotted but Ill try.

ThankYou

10gallon: 8neons 5gallon: 1betta
1oto
2platys
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2006 00:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies