Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRams and Kribs
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
I currently have a 55 gallon with a pair of kribs, 11 tiger barbs, and a BN pleco. I was thinking of adding a few Rams. What is your guys opinion on this idea? The kribs have not tried to breed yet, though they are inseparable. They are probably the most mellow pair of kribs I've owned. I'm concerned the rams will be too shy with the tiger barbs being so active. I don't think the kribs would be a problem. Ive never kept rams before. What would be a good ratio. A pair? A trio? Two pairs?
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2009 10:57Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
depends on what type of rams..... My dad had a pair in a 55 gall planted tank the whole back side of the tank had a wall of some type of plants it was a really nice tank till the rams started to breed he had this male blue german ram that was a beefy fish it was like 2 to 3 inches long and was mean as hell..... he killed about 5 odessa barbs 1 clown pleco 1 toqurise rainbow(beat the crap out of 3 others) and would attack my hand if i put it in the tank.... this thing got so aggressive when breeding but when not he was the nicest fish in the tank......

When they breed they get crazy color! rams like the ph to me a lot more acidic than most fish do..... i think my dad kept them around 6.5 to 6.9........ used peat to control it. if u keep a divider just incase one of them breeds because most of the time they other fish are gona be riped to shreeds....... I say do it but watch them if u get a pair..... When u get them try to get the one that looks like it owns the tank at the store and a female thats larger 2..... what are the sizes on the fish u already have?
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2009 22:20Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
Hi, a couple rams would indeed be nice and it sounds like you have lots of room for them to enjoy. Make sure there's hiding spots should they need it, if at least so they have a territory to stake out.

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 24-Apr-2009 07:00Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
Well the tank is densely planted with fake plants. There is a lot of drift wood in there and a coconut. Also this fake log that the Kribs seem to like a lot. There is plenty of room.
Post InfoPosted 24-Apr-2009 08:19Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies