Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeShe Bounced Back
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
hey guys,some of you mite remember my post about my female blue acara,asking about weather to put her out of her misery or setup the 29gal,and let her to live.
well she has since been living in the 29gal,with top filtration with 2 baby bns,and 1 green severum male.
well she has bounced back bigtime(touchwood),she is eating more again,she been diggin the gravel out of her pot.
shes been real active again,her colours have come nice and bright again.
its like shes got a whole new lease on life.
she even been getting freindly with the green severum male.
hes only a tiny fella.
even if they do spawn,i wont separate them,i wont keep any babies,but if it means my female bluey is happy again,then so be it.she never did like her own kind.
since she lost her gt partner,she was suffering from a bad bout of depression.
she pretty gave up wanting to live,hardly ate anymore,wouldnt move,wouldnt do anything really.but not anymore.
shes gone back to the way she used to be.its rather funny to se her the boss of another fish(green sev)after all these years.
do you guys think i should add some more fish.
my daughter wants to know,im saying just leave it the way it is,but she would like to add some thing else.
she likes upside down catfish.
but from memory the last 1 of them i had needed a 55gal tank.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2009 06:53Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Well done, you and your daughter must be very happy now after the run recent problems.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith ::Y Extra one for Daughter

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2009 11:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 07-Jun-2009 11:52
This post has been deleted
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Good news.
One thing to look out for though, if she gets dominant, which one will, she'll tak over the tank. I presume you have a different tank though for the Heros so all should be good. A 29g prolly could cater for a single blue acara pending on dimentions.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2009 19:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
yeah hes(heros) only on loan.
i just wanted something else in there with her,that wasnt to big or nasty,to see how she went towards a tankmate.
finally it worked!
i just dont want her to get lonely.
i think that was the key,something that she can still hang around but also be the boss of too.
her aggression is seldom,when she does show some,its only very mild.
ill hang with the sev for now,as hes still only small,and ill see how it goes,later when hes gotta go back.
i mite even try to get her going with another ba male,if that happens,then i can move them into something bigger too.
the 29gal,was just to get her away from the gt quickly,b4 he decided he didnt like her too.
but she seems very happy.
yes keith briana and i are very happy.
this blue acara means the world to her,thats why we fought so long to keep her alive and chugging along.
now that she has has came good again,i havent seem my daughter frowning and worring about her.
so yeah thats a good thing.
one thing i do have to consider,when i do move the sev,if she does start going back into depresion,ill keep the sev,ill just move the 2 of them into something larger.
as i said im not worried if the x breed,im not keeping any babies,im just using him to keep her happy.
so far shes pretty fond of him.
they just hang together,in HER flowerpot.
its actully pretty funny to watch,heres this fat robust blue acara,and here this skinny little sev.
it funny when they are side by side.
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2009 03:23Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies