L# Single cichlid for a 29
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSingle cichlid for a 29
cichlidiot
-----
Hobbyist
male
EditedEdited by cichlidiot
I just moved my convict to another tank and now have my 29 free. I am trying to find another good single SA/CA cichlid to keep in a 29. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for your time.
Post InfoPosted 06-Sep-2006 06:15Profile PM Edit Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
Laetacara curviceps, the Flag Cichlid.

Peaceful, stays small (around 3 inches), an excellent parent when breeding, and even in breeding mode doesn't turn rabid and start beating other fishes up. Beautiful even when not in breeding colours, and utterly gorgeous in breeding dress, with MANY redeeming features and virtually no vices. One of the Cichlid species that SHOULD be far more widely available because it's a FAR better choice for newcomers than the ones that are commonly sold. You'll not regret taking a pair of these on!

Also, the fish doesn't destroy plants. So you can keep them in a nice scenic aquarium without them wrecking your handiwork.

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 06-Sep-2006 14:34Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
WiseIves
----------
Enthusiast
MbunaMbunaMbuna
Kudos: 180
Votes: 85
male usa
EditedEdited by WiseIves
If you only want a singlefish, you can try a firemouth(6-7" ) or an acara(5" ). The acara would be more peaceful & the firemouth can vary in tempermant. There are people who have successfully kept firemouths in comminity tanks although I wouldn't recomend it in a 29G. You can successfully house either of these fish w/ a BN or an other smaller pleco in a 29. You could also go with a breeding pair of either of these fish in a 29, but nothing else could be kept in there & don't expect fry to survive unless you pull them out. I think you can also try a T-bar cichlid if you can find one. The Firemouth & acara should be readily avaialable or at least they are in my neck of the woods.

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
Socrates-
I happen to have become a philosopher
Post InfoPosted 06-Sep-2006 16:51Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
kmlubahn6609
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 127
Votes: 2
female usa
what about tangs? I have 2 caudopunks and one daffodil in my 29 (i'm still stocking)...there are soo many options...just remember, the more swimming space- the happier the fish...you dont want an 8 inch oscar in there

I've got a fever... and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Post InfoPosted 17-Sep-2006 23:48Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies