---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
When we moved into our rental place we managed to lose my one baby krib.

Today while playing Risk (godspell) adam informs me I've got babies.

Lots of them!

Attached Image:

Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2010 13:37Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
hca
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 434
Votes: 211
female usa us-illinois
AHHH, Babies are so much fun! they are so cute!
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2010 19:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
I was so excited! they look all the world like little baby corys with their tail up in the air.

Didn't see quite as many this morning, the parents had moved them towards the middle of the tank, right where I drop food...good for the babies till all the other fish come for breakfast

^_^

Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2010 22:44Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Must be all the good Christmas cheer that got them going again. Looks like you will have to spread the food all over the tank now.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2010 00:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
Are those "rainbow" Kribs? I had a pair of them in my dad's 10g tank for a while... male died a month ago and the female is still around but not too good...

Nice job getting some babies hopefully some manage to escape the mouths of the other fish! Mom and Dad fish should have thought about that better!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2010 02:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
forest1424
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
Votes: 4
male usa us-newyork
I have 3 Kribs (2F, 1M) in my tank in my office, along with 2 angels, a dwarf gourami, and 2 cory cats. Just before the Christmas break my kribs had a ton of babies. I gave them somewhat of a fighting chance by lowering the angle of my anubias on driftwood so that the angels and gourami couldn't fit under it.

When they had the babies I thought the dad was eating the little ones, but then I noticed him spitting them out under the log - I never had fish with babies so that fatherly instinct in fish surprised me. I was under the impression that bigger fish ate smaller fish, no matter if they were the parents or not! I also couldn't believe how protective the dad was with the other fish. My cats cant even clean the bottom of my tank when the baby is out in the open because the krib would go right after them.

My office was closed for 2 weeks, where I set up an auto-feeder. All my "big guys" survived. I had 3 babies left. Just today (1/14) 2 of them got snagged up by my bigger angel. The one remaining guy is pretty good at staying under the log, but we'll see if he makes it. He's made it this long so far!

It looks like the other female Krib is now pregnant and the daddy is very protective of her, so I'm thinking she may pop any day now. If she does I'm thinking of attempting to raise them. We'll see if she has them first!

Regards-

Rick
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2010 00:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies