L# Yellow lab fry
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeYellow lab fry
Charliejaebrown
Small Fry
Kudos: 6
Votes: 1
male usa
I have two yellow lab cichlids and to my surprise one day after work I see that ther is one fry swimming in the live rock in the tank.( first set of breeding fish). The female is still mouth brooding a couple of fry right now. Do I need to move the mother and fry into another tank?and is she not letting the other ones go because of the other bigger fish?

Thanks in advance you guys always give wonderful advice
Post InfoPosted 17-Nov-2012 15:31Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
I haven't had yellow labs, but I did have my kribs breed for me, so going on that, just let mom do her job for now. She'll push them away once they're big enough. Even then she'll protect them for a bit against the larger fish.

Make sure there are enough hiding spots but try not to mess around too much where she's got the fry right now, that's her spot. As they get older each will need their own spots if they're going to breed as well, or sell them to your LFS.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 19-Nov-2012 01:22Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies