Subscribe'nother ram question
devon7
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 356
Votes: 4
female usa
EditedEdited 09-Feb-2010 21:38
Ok... I have an obsession with rams, I have always wanted to get a pair, but when I lived on the east coast they were really expensive! Now I find them in LA all the time at varying prices and quality. I have seen some really unhealthy ones really cheap (went through 4 balloon rams before deciding they are genetically doomed) and some reallly nice looking ones priced at up to $50! so I have been on the look out for nice looking but inexpensive rams for about 4 months. I finally found some BEAUTIFUL large juvies at a store downtown for 9.00, and I bought 3. I already had 1 adult in the tank. As far as I can tell, there is at least 1 adult male and 1 juvie female with a very very pink belly, two of the juvies still look kind of androgynous to me although they look the same, so I might have either 1m/3f, or 1f/3m....

what is the likelihood that I will get a pair out of this?

Update: one of the androgynous juvies seems to be "becoming a man" and the other one may be close behind, so I think I have 3m/1f

update #2: ok, so two of them, the female juvie and the one that seems to be male, are hanging around by the water heater together away from all of the other fish... I assume this is a pair bonding behavior because of the way they are just hovering next to each other in the corner, so I am happy! the question is now: do fish break up? is this "for sure?"
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2010 20:58Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies