Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBoston area fish tanks?
jboston19
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 45
Votes: 1
male usa
Hi. Does anyone know of a good site to buy a used 75 gallon tank or so in eastern mass? I have been checking ebay and aquabid a lot, as well as a frustrating search on google, which ignores boston area and shows me offers from far too far away.
Failing that, are the start up kits offered at petsmart and similar stores good buys? I apologize if this is the wrong forum to place this, but it seemed the most appropriate.
Post InfoPosted 14-Jul-2007 22:23Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
im in ny, so i dont know if i should be helping ya(if you are a baseball fan you will pick that up, if not forget about it)

but yea while getting a kit from a chain store might be expensive, i have always found it better to buy that new tank than buy a used tank.

O heres a tip, did u try looking on e-bay. E-bay has alot of "aquariums" "fish tanks" "live fish" listings, so you might be able to find a tank kit in boston.

But if i absoltly cant find anything, i would just get a tank from the petstore and uy the supplies online where it will be alot cheaper.

For example, online at petsmart is about 20 % cheaper than at the store by me.

I know this guy in boston who is well respected in south american cichlids and oscars, if you need anything ,i would be glad to shoot him an e-mail requesting the info for you. He is in boston after all, and would know better than me.
Post InfoPosted 15-Jul-2007 01:03Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
You can also try looking on craigslist. I didnt have a whole lot of luck selling my stuff but it was a huge rush, try checking once or twice a day.

Don't forget that you'll need a GOOD quality stand to go with it.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2007 02:10Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
jboston19
-----
Fingerling
male usa
EditedEdited by jboston19
Thanks for the responses. I actually decided to scale back to a 30 gallon and have one targeted on craigslist. I am actually hoping to get a blue acara for it, so I wouldn't complain if you asked your friend about those ( or, to be greedy, a good and cheap 30 gallon set-up.)
Thank you both for the responses and the help. There must be a little Sox fan in you bettachris.
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2007 05:20Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
No hes a mets fan.
at least he should be

Did you see this one
linky

It says its up and running

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 17-Jul-2007 22:11Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
jboston19
-----
Fingerling
male usa
I didn't see the ad and it's deleted now, but I did buy a 30 gal set-up in Natick complete with stand that I am happy with. It's got plenty of young plants and 2 convicts and 2 firemouths, as I couldn't find my blue acara. My gf was hoping for more colorful fish, so I think I am going to try my favorite store in Quincy tomorrow and see if they have it.
Post InfoPosted 19-Jul-2007 06:32Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
hey i didnt forget about you. im still waiting for a contact with my friend up there, and i believe he can help you with local stores in which they may have the things your looking for.
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2007 07:45Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
jboston19
-----
Fingerling
male usa
I have the tank, a 30 gallon, and do have some occupants.... 2 convicts and 2 firemouths. I am strongly thinking about returning the cons. I would love to find a blue acara, but cannot find a store up here that has had them within a year! Thank you for the help bettachris.
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2007 16:40Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies