---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited 21-Aug-2009 17:52
Hello all

We need some space in the jarring area, and we are trying to figure out how many fish need to go to the LFS, how many we keep, how many we groom for breeders and so on etc etc.

Because this was a cross of two unrelated fish, we've ended up with quite a range of fish and tail types, and as lovely and healthy as they all are, some are just not good breeding prospects. They are, however, very lovely for pets. We have males and females, and if you want fish that have not been jarred yet for a community environment, now is the time to say so

Are there any people here who are after coppers or red dragons as pets?

EXAMPLES

(If you are after breeding pairs from this spawn, they'll be ready to go soon)

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2009 04:26Profile PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Wish I was in Oz, they are lovely.

><>
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2009 05:25Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
I am sooo tempted..

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 24-Apr-2009 06:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jase101
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 273
Votes: 1
male australia
hi callatya, did you get my private message?
Post InfoPosted 09-May-2009 01:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
I did Jase, i've just been flat chat with work and trying to get these guys photographed. I'll reply as soon as I can

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 11-May-2009 08:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Ok, just a heads up that I'm able to ship these and the next shipment will be heading out on the 31st August.

Pet quality fish are $5 each and east coast shipping is $20 (fish are double bagged, wrapped, and sent in a poly box via courier). Sorry, i can't do WA or TAS at the moment.

These guys are pet quality because either they are not showing desired tail traits or they are showing some other sort of show fault. The fish themselves are shiny, robust and healthy, the only hiccup would be that if you breed them, you won't end up with anything more than shiny fish.

I'm happy for local pick up for Sydneysiders. :-)

Additionally, there are black plakats available for $35/pr. These ARE breeding quality, most males go 180*, females have blunt anal fin, sharp edges and breeder-type bodies. Pictures coming soon.

Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2009 17:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Last chance at these guys. :-)

Leftovers are going to the Sydney Splendens Society raffle and the Sydney Killi Group raffle. If you want to try your luck there, you'd be more than welcome

Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2009 05:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
Kudos: 63
Votes: 10
female usa
Those are beautiful bettas Callatya! I wish you the best of luck in placing them! I've never seen bettas like that. Are the pictures you showed of females?
Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2009 07:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
The bottom one is female, the top two are juvenile males.

Post InfoPosted 10-Oct-2009 09:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
female usa
Ah, OK. Thank you. I've just never seen males with such short fins and tails. I'm assuming they'll grow longer as they get older? Anyway, they are very beautiful!
Post InfoPosted 11-Oct-2009 03:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
some of them do, but the word "plakat" is used to describe short finned fancy bettas, so most of the males in this batch look very similar to the females, except for longer ventral fins and a slight body shape difference.

Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 02:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Delenn
Hobbyist
female usa
Oh, OK. Thank you. I was thinking that "plakat" was referring to a different type of fish.
Post InfoPosted 12-Oct-2009 04:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies