Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGary's Guppies
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Hi everyone, I thought I would offer these here since Garyroland was a member here and some of you knew him. When he passed away, I obtained some of one of his guppy strains. I still have the descendants. I've been loosely working on the strain (I don't have enough tanks set up, and the one I have the females in isn't planted too densely, so they haven't bred really crazily, but they *mostly* breed true). I'm planning on moving cross-country in June, and I can't take my fish (5-day drive, plus my future roommate has a phobia of fish). If anyone's interested, I have two adult males, four adult (although smallish) females, and a couple of juveniles. PM me if you'd like the guppies, I think I'd only ask for shipping charges (or pick up in the SF Bay Area, California). I'd just like the guppies to go to someone who appreciates the emotional value, if nobody's interested I'll take them to the LFS.

><>
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2011 00:51Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
How lovely that you still have them. Wish I was closer to take them..

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 24-Apr-2011 12:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
wish i was closer too. Good luck with the move

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2011 18:15Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Thanks. I've already moved (thought I posted on here but I guess I forgot). My move has been very successful (no aquarium in my apartment yet. Would you believe my roommate has a phobia of goldfish and "pet" fish?), and I'm already on my second (much better than the first) job!

The guppies were given to a trustworthy LFS. I left a few juveniles in the tank to keep it cycled for mom. There were a few small babies when the adults left, but if they had made it I think my mom would have noticed them by now. I think she said there are 3 males or 3 females left. They were all the same sex.

><>
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2011 22:04Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
You did a good job keeping his guppy strain alive.

I was thinking of him and the guppies the other day.

At least you have some good photos of them! and they went to a good LFS even if they don't really know the importance of them.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 18-Aug-2011 00:06Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies