AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# Classifieds
  L# Going to college- free SW invert tank, bicher tank, tetras and corys, in Washington DC area
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGoing to college- free SW invert tank, bicher tank, tetras and corys, in Washington DC area
A_Christman
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 0
EditedEdited by A_Christman
I will be going off to college in the fall at the University of Dallas and I need to find homes for three of my tanks:

1) A 10 gallon marine invertebrate tank modeled off of a Florida seagrass bed. The only livestock I have in the tank right now are a 2" fighting conch (Strombus alatus), several pieces of live rock, and a 3" deep sand bed that has been colonized over the course of 5 years from the live rock. In terms of dry goods, the tank has a Prizm Pro protein skimmer, a Whisper power filter retrofitted for both aerobic and anaerobic filtration, a glass lid, a heater, a powerhead, and a single-tube fluorescent light fixture. The tank does have a stand, but I got the stand secondhand and it seems to be homemade. It has worked well for me, but I had to put cinder blocks at the bottom to support it. You are welcome to use this stand, with the cinder blocks if you want, or you could use a different one.

2) A 40 gallon breeder tank with a bicher and a blue gourami. The bicher is about 8" long and has remained that length for most of the 5 years I have had him. I have been unable to identify its species. The tank has a sand bed, a large driftwood piece that is actually a an entire root system of a dead tree, several rocks, and many live plants. The tank also has a Cascades power filter, a glass top, a wooden stand, a heater, and a twin-tube fluorescent light fixture.

3) I have 4 red-eye tetras (Moenkhausia sanctaefilomenae) and 5 peppered cory cats (Corydoras paleatus). These fish do not come with a setup.

I want these fish to end up under the care of someone experienced and responsible with aquariums. I am offering them free because I am more concerned about getting them to a responsible aquarist rather than the highest bidder. I live in Washington DC area and I am willing to travel somewhat far if necessary. If you are interested, please PM me. You are welcome to take the aquarium setups if you prefer, or just the fish and invertebrates if you already have a tank set up for them.

Happy Fishkeeping!
Andrew Christman
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2009 16:42Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland

ARGGGG if only I was still in DC area and not in Australia

^_^

Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2009 00:57Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
A_Christman
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 0
closed
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2009 19:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies