AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# Classifieds
  L# Java moss Are you willing to Sell?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeJava moss Are you willing to Sell?
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
Hi, Is anyone here willing to sell their unwanted javamoss? I am willing to pay for the expenses, and the Shipping. I can send cash/checks. PM me if interested. Oh, and only in the contigual USA please. Sorry to all other peoples, but i cant pay too much just for java moss. What is the maximum shipping costs, and how much will you charge for each Rhizome(dosent need to be fully grown). For those who have annoyingly too much javamoss, can you be willing to share soame? You will even make a slight profit! Thanx-Goby

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 10-Mar-2007 07:08Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Java moss hasn't got a rhizome , better way to estimate costs is by ziploc baggie full.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 10-Mar-2007 21:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
really babel? It says that the horizontal root is a rhizome. At least thats what it said in the profile.....

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
Post InfoPosted 11-Mar-2007 03:39Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
Rough but Honest [img]htt
Kudos: 309
Votes: 45
male usa
EditedEdited by djrichie
Goby your in S. FL, I'm in Miami. So you can go to Floridadriftwood.com. I got mine there and shipping was around $6.00 and the moss was $3.00 for 2"X 2" square, because you are in S.FL standard USPS will get it to you the next day. As far as LFS goes try house of fins on US1 & SW 142nd Str. Talk to Marlin. Also theres a interesting fish store in a house off of Bird Rd and 122the Ave they have alot of pleco's there. It is hard down here to find a good LFS here but if you look you can find them. I had a friend tell me about this store thats been around from the 70's, and it is seid to be the best, I'll have to remember where it is and go check it out before I recomend a place. I hope that helps you out.

Dj Richie Rich
"DON'T PANIC"

Djrichie
"So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish" Douglas Adams
Post InfoPosted 15-Mar-2007 00:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
Than you so much DJ! I would definately check it out! I think I would rather drive though......Anyway, thanks again for the useful advice!......THANKS

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2007 03:23Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Blazzaro
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 5
Votes: 3
male usa
Goby,
Did you try ebay?
[http://cgi.ebay.com/LIVE-AQUARIUM-FISH-AQUATIC-PLANTS-JAVA-MOSS-L152_W0QQitemZ110103988852QQcategoryZ66794QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2007 13:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
des_sniper
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 42
Votes: 11
male usa
EditedEdited by des_sniper
I can not blame you for looking for JM where ever you can find it outside of a LFS. The want $3.99 for a quarter size piece up here in Pensacola...they are out of their minds. Good luck finding some.

"There is also a Clown Pleco in this tank some where. I am telling you, HE IS IN HERE."
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2007 20:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
male usa
goby they only ship and from there to here ony 5.99 with gas at 2.80 here, you do the math

Djrichie
Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2007 18:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Budzilla
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 197
Votes: 90
male usa
I got mine in tampa, but i live near pensacola, If you can find a store and it is expensive, just buy a single serving of it because once you have it, it will spread very rapidly.

-Vincent
Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2007 19:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
male usa
Thanks everybody! Still havent gone to the store yet. I would like to go, but what is the survival rate of javamoss in a tank?>

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2007 23:34Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
male usa
everything I have read says java moss is easy to grow, with low to mid level lighting. You must tie it down to a rock or driftwood. (I used sewing tread because it will rot away after the plant attachs itself to the object) Mine is doing great looks health, I have some in a 2 X's 65watt light system and the other is using a single 15watt factory system. I will have to wait and see if what they say is true, that ounce it catchs on you will have more than what you will know what to do with. I also read that in 4 months you can have a carpet of java moss. I also read it great for breading

Djrichie
"Don't Panic"

Djrichie
Post InfoPosted 20-Mar-2007 01:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
djrichie
----------
Big Fish
male usa
Goby,
I just went and looked at site on ebay that futher up on this forum. I would try them out and will when I need to get plants they are cheap and no shipping cost 2 to 5 day USPS service being in Miami,FL my guess it would take 4 days to get here. If they package right plants will be ok.

Now I have never order from them so i don't know about them. Java moss is 2.99 free shipping on most plants. If you try them let me know what the plants looked like the size and a packing.
Djrichie
Don't Panic

Djrichie
Post InfoPosted 20-Mar-2007 02:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
but what is the survival rate of java moss in a tank?
Seriously, this stuff is hard to kill. I have had it in a bucket in a darkened garage for weeks on end (being surplus) and it just doesn't die.

IMO, it's best to attach it to a small enough piece of wood or rock that you can remove from the tank periodically for trimming. If the chosen hardscape is too large or awkwardly shaped to make removal difficult, it will be easy to make a mess in your tank when it comes time to trim. Just something to keep in mind.

Good luck & have fun.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2007 13:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies