Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeLooking for help: Southern California
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
EditedEdited by brandeeno
The recent economy have left me between a rock and a hard place. Not only do I lack the funds to go away to college in the fall (hopefully some financial aid can help with that), but after buying two beautiful Discus for my dad, I am left improperly caring for them.

The economic downturn and crash in the California housing market has greatly affected my family vicariously through the Carpentry/Construction/Remodeling/etc Industry. My dad's business (a small Construction/architectural design company) has been loosing money right and left.

Not to mention the only way my family has been surviving is the menial student loans my mom manages to get to make the mortgage payment and keep food on the table. Its a scary time approaching.

Now why do you care?

I'm trying very hard to care for the fish and etc that I have acquired(unknowing that this situation would arise). My family can barely afford to heat the house; let alone buy a heater for my fish and I am stuck saving and collecting change and recycling cans and bottles to pay for fish food and conditioners/ferts since January. I know it hasn't been long but my initial plan to upgrade my Dad's Discus into a 55g have been foiled time and time again.

I know FP is not some charity site, but I was wondering if anyone was willing to help me by sending small supplies and etc? I can pay a little bit for shipping and can drive within a reasonable distance to collect things.

stands and lights should be easy to build but smaller things like a heater, plants, gravel, air stones, thermometer, air pump, ferts, conditioners, etc are still needed.

If anyone has any feedback of where I could get some stuff for free or of reasonable price or if they have anything to sell/give away I'd would be ever so grateful.

I know it is a bit unorthodox to do this but its my final plea.

Thanks for reading and please if you can help me.

-Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2009 23:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies