L# Changing Colors
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeChanging Colors
smoke20
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
I have 2 goldfish, in 2 different tanks that have turned white. Is this normal?
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2006 06:06Profile PM Edit Report 
crusha
----------
Enthusiast
Fish Geek
Kudos: 183
Votes: 102
female australia
Do you mean white as in the scales have turned white or as in a white film or spots?

I have experienced black goldfish turning orange. I haven't had any turn white tho? Maybe its something to do with age??? Like when old people turn grey .

If they both look healthy and are behaving normal I would think its o.k.

Those who say they cant, Never will !!!
Post InfoPosted 22-May-2006 07:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
I've had a deep red orange goldfish turn white. He used to be named Wrigley (after big red gum...I had a friend nicknamed that )...but the name doesnt really work when he's ghostly white .

In my wondering as to why that happened all I could come up with low light levels, or lack of variety in the diet. It didnt happen all at once but seemed to gradually happen from the face down towards the tail. He still has a few patches on his tail that are still a pale orange.

Make sure your fish are as happy and content as possible and that they have all the room that they need to grow. My suspiscion is that stress has a lot to do with it. I rescued my guys from a bowl on my bosses dining room table ..least they're happy now

^_^

Post InfoPosted 23-May-2006 01:03Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
vic
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 228
Votes: 288
male usa
I had 2 change from orange to almost completely white in my pond. The changes came within the 1st few months. They have been fine and are over 2 years old now.. As long as there active, you should be fine...
Post InfoPosted 23-May-2006 16:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies