Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGoldfish and plants?
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
i put plants in my 30 gallon long about a week or so ago and my goldfish has not touched them.is this normal behavior for him.he is a fancy variety one.jw b/c i heard alot that goldfish would devour plants, but am pleased that he hasnt yet.
Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2006 00:40Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
i dont think they would eat plants. i guess if their is no food, but a goldfish will outgrow a 30 anyway.

also when u see goldfish in pongs they have plants and dont eat them so i guess it would be normal that they wouldn't touch it.
Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2006 00:48Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
o well thanks for the fast response.i was just wondering b/c i hav eheard this from so many that goldfish are VERY herbivorous.
Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2006 00:58Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
[imglink=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Babelfish/heartagrambanner.jpg]http://www.heartagram.com/[/imglink]
Goldfish are notorious plant eaters, but it does depend on what type of plant .
Java fern is a good one to be in with goldfish, most fish wont touch it. Most of the finer leaved plants I've seen my goldfish eating.

Adding some veggies to your fishs daily feedings is a good idea. I've found that frozen peas are quick and easy. Just let a few thaw in your fingers and pop them out of the skin and offer to the fish. Keep in mind there may be a bit more waste in the tank from the added veggie matter in their diet. But the fish will be healthier.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2006 09:56Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies