AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# Coldwater, Watergardens, and Ponds
  L# Keeping fish in indoor swimming pool...possible?
   L# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeKeeping fish in indoor swimming pool...possible?
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Well, I'd love to oblige, however I think that the fact that no pics are forthcoming is rather irrelevant.

Check out all the info that you guys have dredged up! Look at all those fantastic ideas and all the technical info!

There are plenty of people that dream of converting swimming pools into ponds, this thread is a wonderful place to start

And if/when the photographs are forthcoming, I hope all who are fast to judge are just as fast to apologise.

*goes and hunts for a house with a big old pool*

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
So_Very_Sneaky
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2272
Votes: 201
female canada
I agree with Callatya
Perhaps this person is too busy working on the pool to be bothered taking pics!
Give them a chance. If I was him/her, and I got called a liar and a fraud, I would probably not even want to show you all pictures.
Good luck on the Pool! Let us know when you get it completed, it sounds like a full summer job to me!

Come Play Yahtzee With Me!
http://games.atari.com
Http://www.myleague.com/yahtgames
angeleel
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 472
Votes: 61
female canada
I said that a long time ago in this topic.....

Big project=long time

Angel Eel

Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:22Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Spaced emu
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 45
Votes: 5
male malta
I would make it into an intire eco system with live plants turtuls crustacians (small aquatic mamles) an unbelivable mixture of fish You could also think about a 2 boats 1 old and falling to pieces for the bottom and a small one witha glass bottom
Ps you could cut costs by breading fish like there is not tomorow imaginhaving somthing as simple as a guppy at 60c each if you have you get $60
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:22Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Crazy_Coyote
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 103
Votes: 17
male usa
It would be cool to make a mini lake out of a pool but the upkeep would be expensive and youd need an extemley powerful filter.

another thing the water changes would be very tedius annd an average pool is about ten thousand gallons so you would need a hell of a lot of water de clorinater, not to mention u wood need a big heater. so i would just stick with a pond
cool_pete
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 23
Votes: 1
male uk
i think this is a cool project, and i hope i can do somthing like it if i ever have a swimming pool, but i was just wondering, what if one of your fish got a illness which might spread or lead to expensive fish dieing, how would you provent that from happening, because it a big pool with lot fish when yor finshed so wouldn't be easy to spot a ill fish.
# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies