SubscribeNative plants
Justin_1986
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 21
Votes: 1
male canada
Hello

Has anyone taken lilly pads or other plants from lakes around them and put them in their pond. If so any tips on how to dig them out of the lake, transport them, and replant them in the pond.

Thanks Justin
Post InfoPosted 14-Jun-2006 04:27Profile PM Edit Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

I collected some pond plants one time when I was out herping. The pond floor was relatively soft, so I could dig up the plants with my hands without damaging the roots. Then I just (carefully) shoved them all in an empty water bottle I happened to have until I got home.

As long as you don't damage the plants and make sure to keep them humid during transport (bottles, plastic bags, or wet paper will do the trick), then you can pretty much collect them however you want to. The bottoms of most bodies of water are soft enough so that you can remove the plants without damaging the roots.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 14-Jun-2006 04:42Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
I would check and make sure it is legle before you go taking plants from lakes. It might not be worth the fine.

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 14-Jun-2006 14:58Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies