Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePond Kit Help Me Please
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
Votes: 30
male canada
i was at home depot today and i saw a pond kit its a 270 gallon pond liner and starter kit so filter all other gadjets i was just wondering how to install a liner how to work the filter well mainly just explain right from the begining to end this qeustion is aimed at those pond keppers out there if i missed your name im sorry

koi keeper, dolf, budzila,wish ga, and thats all the ones i can think of that have ponds thanks guys and i realy love the help

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2007 19:57Profile PM Edit Report 
Budzilla
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 197
Votes: 90
male usa
If its one of those black plastic liners. Then you have to dig a hole in the same shape as it. then put it in but as you fill the sand in aroud it make sure their are no air pockets under the pond or it will warp and cause many problems. The filter depends on what kind you have, mine uses a pump that sends water through a canister full of media.

-Vincent
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2007 05:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
Votes: 30
male canada
what about an indoor pond whats the ups and downs on that?

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2007 22:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Budzilla
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 197
Votes: 90
male usa
well i guess then you don't have to heat it if it freezes where you live, but it is messier and probable harder to set up. Unless you have to I don't think that it would be a good idea.

-Vincent
Post InfoPosted 23-Apr-2007 00:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Dolf
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 180
Votes: 46
male usa
Unless I am mistaken, the kit you are referring to comes with a flexible rubber liner. The kits I have seen come with a comprehensive installation guide that covers everything from calculating the size of the hole to installing the filter. Many manufacturers (Beckett comes to mind) have on line help sites. All of my ponds and big tanks are a mixture of rubber lined main tanks and hydroponics with assorted rigid plastic containers for the filtration.
As for an indoor pond, I wouldn't have one unless to winter over fish. For me, indoors is where the fish tanks go. A pond would take up to much floor space and the dogs would be in it constantly. That's not to say it can't be done and made to look nice. Most home building supply stores have an above ground pond in their garden areas. They are usually supported by retaining wall blocks. There are also plastic buckets made to resemble whiskey barrels that make a nice small pond or water garden.
Post InfoPosted 30-Apr-2007 23:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies