Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBlack Ruby Barb
Tanya81
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 419
Votes: 37
female usa
Any one have experience with these great lookin barbs? if so.. I would like some tips, as I am ordering them for myself a group of 6 to go in my 35 gallon hex tank.. Thanks

72 gallon bowfront:Tanganyikan Lake set up
75 gallon: A. Baenschi trio,Cyanotilapia Afra Cobwe(4), copadichromis trewavase, protomelas sp. tangerine tiger(breeding pair)
Post InfoPosted 23-May-2006 23:26Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
Tanya81
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Well i finally recieved them, anyone have any tips, besides making me look further on the internet, which i have done...? Any one have experience with them?

75 gallon: A. Baenschi trio,Cyanotilapia Afra Cobwe(4), copadichromis trewavase, protomelas sp. tangerine tiger(breeding pair)
Post InfoPosted 26-May-2006 04:42Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
BruceMoomaw
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 490
Votes: 0
male usa
The one thing I've heard about them is that, like Tiger barbs, they tend to be fin-nippers -- so I wouldn't keep them with mild-mannered or long-finned fish. (Most other Barbs seem to be better in this respect.)
Post InfoPosted 26-May-2006 21:47Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Brian1216
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
I used to have 4 Black Rubies and i found them to be very peaceful. They were in a tank with an Angel at one point and never bothered him.
Post InfoPosted 01-Jun-2006 22:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
Black Ruby Barbs are probably one of my favorite barbs. The ones I had a couple years ago were both male. Once in a blue moon they would turn from grayish to dark black with the ruby red face. Great looking fish. Seemed to be pretty hardy and hung with my Tiger barbs just fine.

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 02-Jun-2006 00:05Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Tanya81
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Well I have mine with thread fine rainbows and everything is going great! Each are keeping to their own business, and i cant wait to see the males get some colorchange!

Post InfoPosted 02-Jun-2006 00:48Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Brian1216
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
My males stayed red almost constantly once they matured. They would get brighter or paler based on their mood.
Post InfoPosted 02-Jun-2006 23:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies