Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCherrys Finnally!
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
well guys i went out and bought my 6 cherry barbs tonight. ill probably be buying some more in a couple weeks. depends how these guys do lol. but with any luck they do fantastic! anyways after the thread i posted asking questions like two months back i thought id let everyone know i finally got them!

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2008 03:05Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Big E
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 382
Votes: 0
usa
Congrats on the new barbs...I've always found cherry barbs to be very hardy. Nice fish overall (I have a group of 5 now).

Eric
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2008 05:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
Thanks Big E! im a bit worried. one of them is being fairly aggressive. it looks like a male. its just its chasing all the other ones around. any ideas why?

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2008 00:52Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Big E
-----
Fish Addict
usa
He's probably just being a male. I have 2 males and 3 females. The males chase each other a bit, and also chase the females. If you only have one male, a second one could help give the females a bit of a break.

However, he's not doing in damage, right? I've never seen them actually hurt each other. Apparently, being a male cherry barb means you need to chase the females and other males around a bit.

Eric
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2008 03:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
No damage thus far. i have 3 males and 3 females and hes the only one doing it which is what has me worried. someone suggested they were probably just establishing the pecking order. do cherrys do that?

Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2008 06:22Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Big E
-----
Fish Addict
usa
Yep - One of my males is dominant over all the others, and one of the females is the dominant female.

Eric
Post InfoPosted 09-Feb-2008 05:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
ahh i see, never thought cherrys would do that! well live and learn. thanks!

Post InfoPosted 16-Feb-2008 08:06Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies