Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGolden Belly Barbs...how big?
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 36
Votes: 1
female canada
hello, does anyone own fish by the name Golden belly barbs..
I hope this Pic works so you can see.. Im wondering how big one might get, they look like they would be from the tinfoil family..
they are silver, large scaled about 4-5 inches now..and growing..yellow to golden fins and tail with whiteish tips..wonderful fast fish..eats alot..!!
forget the pic I just saw that you have to be a member..things have changed since I was here last..
Post InfoPosted 19-Sep-2008 02:04Profile PM Edit Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
If we're talking about Hypsibarbus wetmorei, you're looking somewhere in the range of 10-12 inches.

They're considered a gamefish over in the Thailand region.
Post InfoPosted 19-Sep-2008 03:23Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 36
Votes: 1
female canada
EditedEdited by itsjustme1966
Hey, thanks for the info, as I had thought they would be big...Im going to look into it. Thanks for the sci name.

I ordered them in a pet store, could it be a different species or is it the same.. My supplier couldnt give me much info.
you would think that a fish up for a sale to local pet stores they would give approx size..
I sold 3 and took 3 home for myself..they are nice looking, Well maybe pain to some..look like the Tin barb but long body..
thanks again

S
Post InfoPosted 22-Sep-2008 02:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies