L# My New Tank
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMy New Tank
bettadude
Fingerling
Kudos: 15
Votes: 3
usa
hey i just got a tank and it has 1 rainbow shark 1 chinese algea eater and 4 tiger barbs if u guys have any info on any problems that might occur or how to prevent them plz reply!!!!

experience is something you dont get until right after you need it
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2009 22:19Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
How big is the tank remember with all the internal bits and pieces your water capacity is nothing like an empty tank in other words it could easily be a good 10%-20% less water

If it is a Chinese Algae Eater, take it straight back reason as soon as it starts to get bigger it will attack other fish and actually take chunks out. I think that LFS is seeing you as a newbie and that means sell them and tell them anything.
I would get a Siamese Algae Eater they are harmless unless you have any Angels. Then I would start looking around for a better LFS who will only give you good reliable info.

From now on next time you go to any LFS write down any fish you would "LIKE" not "WANT" then do all the research in the long term it will be far cheaper and you will learn a lot more and certainly be a happy fish keeper.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2009 04:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
yes i agree with keith on this one. definately take the chinese algae eater back, i had one once and it did a number on my fish, i got desperate and had to move it to a tank with agressive cichlids which ultimately killed it.also pick a fish and then before you purchase it either look up its profile on this site, or ask someone who has knowledge in that specific area.also you need to find a reputable dealer, who is honest and that you can trust.
Post InfoPosted 06-Jan-2009 03:36Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies